High resolution music file network player, multiroom management, advanced control application for iOS and Android systems, access to online music services such as Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, internet radio, etc.. all in a small and elegant aluminum case. A really inviting all-rounder, isn't it?
The brand new iEAST SoundStream Pro M30 network player is the latest addition to the Uyesee network player family in Hong Kong.
It offers a wide range of interesting features, including the ability to create multiroom audio systems within which can coexist other models produced by Uyesee, including the iEAST AudioCast M5, simpler than the M30 model reviewed here, and the integrated wireless amplifier Class D iEAST AM160.
In addition to the ability to easily configure multi-room HiFi systems, the SoundStream Pro M30 allows, through its dedicated App called "iEAST Play" to access the most important online music streaming services, including Tidal, Spotify and Qobuz: for the latter service, the SoundStream Pro will soon allow (through a firmware update) also the ability to listen to music streaming in CD Audio quality.
How it looks
The iEAST SoundStream Pro M30 comes in the form of a small and elegant parallelepiped in black brushed and anodized aluminium, with silver frames. The dimensions are really small: 8,5cm of side for a height of 2,5 cm and a weight of only 160 grams.
The top panel, as well as the front panel, reveal the iEAST logo and brand backlit.
At the left end of the front panel we find the sensor to receive the infrared signals of the remote control, and immediately after there are three LEDs: the first, red, indicates the presence of the power supply voltage, the second, blue, lights up once a network connection is established (in this case the red LED goes off), the third LED, green, lights up instead when you select the analog line input.
On the right side there are two buttons, one to turn on and one to start the wizard to auto-configure the WiFi connection through the WPS, a USB Host port for pendrive and the 3.5mm stereo mini-jack line input.
The rear panel of the SoundStream Pro M30 presents, starting from the left: Wi-Fi antenna, 5V power input, Toslink optical digital output, analog line output with 3.5mm mini-jack, 100Mbit Ethernet network port.
Through the supplied remote control you can turn on the device, adjust the listening volume, start or pause the music playback, change the track forward or backward. In addition, there are six number keys that allow direct access to the stored playlists.
The main board is very well made and is rich in SMT surface mount components: the largest components are the buttons, the network port and all the connectors of the device.
The Ethernet network card is based on a Mediatek MT7688A chip and supports the reading of high resolution music files up to 24-bit/192 kHz, which are transmitted via an I2S bus connection directly to the digital-to-analogue converter (DAC).
At the top of the board, near the mini-jack connector of the analog output and the Toslink digital output (which can operate up to 16 Bit/44.1 kHz), there is a Wolfson WM8805 chip that processes the digital signals coming from the wireless network.
The D/A conversion is entrusted to a Sabre ESS9023 chip produced by ESS and uses the patented Hyperstream technology (internal 32bit oversampling even if the original digital audio signal has a different sampling rate and bit depth).
The control buttons, the IR receiver, the status LEDs are all managed by a separate microprocessor.
- DLNA Wi-Fi UPNP Wireless Receive (up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution)
- Wireless Airplay Receive (16-bit/44.1 kHz CD Resolution)
- Wired Ethernet Network Receive RJ-45 UPNP DLNA (with maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz)
- Audio file player stored on USB pendrive
- Read high resolution music files
- Sabre ESS9023 Hi-Fi D/A Converter (with patented Time Domain Jitter Eliminator and Hyperstream technologies)
- Management of a multi-room audio environment through the dedicated and free iEAST Play App
- Perfectly manageable from the dedicated remote App and via remote control
- Free firmware updates
- Administration web interface (for checking network settings, firmware updates, etc.)
- Simplified network configuration, thanks to the WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) wizard
- Sabre DAC ESS9023 24-Bit / 192 kHz
- Wi-Fi Frequency: 2.4GHz (150Mbps max)
- WiFi: IEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Optical output Toslink: Wolfson 8805 digital transmitter, maximum frequency 16-bit / 44.1 kHz)
- Sampling frequency: up to 24-bit / 192 kHz (reception via DLNA / UPNP protocols)
- Dynamic Range: 98dB
- THD+N: -85dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 112dB
- USB Host Port
- Built-in Wi-Fi antenna
- Line Input (AUX) with 3.5mm mini-jack
- Micro-USB power input (DC 5V)
- USB Host Input
- RJ-45 Ethernet Network Port
- Optical Output: Toslink
- Stereo analog line output with 3.5mm mini-jack
- Infrared receiver for remote control
What's in the box
- iEAST SoundStream Pro M30, with brushed black aluminium chassis
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 8.5 x 2.5 cm
- Weight: 160 g
- USB power adapter DC 5V/1000mA
- Infrared remote control
- 3.5mm mini-jack to 3.5mm mini-jack signal cable
- Mini-jack signal cable from 3.5mm to stereo RCA
- Instruction manual in English language